Sunday 16 January 2011

Blog 9. Climax

Design



















Technical


At the time of storyboarding I wasn't sure how I was going to animate the 16 seconds of audio in which the music climaxes. I just knew that i wanted lots of colour and movement to represent the concept of an idea being destroyed.

I finally decided to use trapcode particular as it was something I knew how to use by now, be it very basically. The particles move towards the audience with a motion blur effect applied to give a deeper sense of movement. The velocity increases as the audio becomes more intense in the build up and fades as it drops.




Narrative


By this point the entire colour scheme has changed, just like the narrative. Instead of having the calm blue lighting I used earlier on in my animation, I used a white light on a black background, that you can almost associate with death, while that is dark, it is representing the death of the artists idea concluding with a visual explosion.

The words " and destroyed just as easily" appear concluding the sentence left open at the start. I wanted to send a message to the audience that we can all relate to without being a pretentious wally. However I may have done just that, still its something i had to include so that the audience realise they aren't just looking at a collection of different animations with no meaning.



No comments:

Post a Comment