Sunday 16 January 2011

Blog 11. Question time.

Why didn't I use blender?

When using blender I felt I just couldn't get to grips with the simplest of tutorials, and i knew it would hinder my idea greatly. Also I had not seen any current projects where someone had related audio and video effectively with a 3d package. My idea was also very abstract and colourful when I thought about it, and its something blender couldn't give me in such a small time with a high learning curve.



Why did I use after effects?


Very easy to get to grips with, and much more suited to my project than blender. With a vast array of plug-ins and tutorials it seemed silly not to choose After effects. While i did run into small errors here and there they were easily solved by an overwhelming user community on the web.

What would i do differently?

I would have loved to have spent alot more time fine tuning my project, but the deadline was a factor obviously.
In the time we had i managed to teach myself After effects and produce an animation which im very proud of.

Although it is not dome corrected due to the plugin refusing to work with my animation, I think I've done a good job of creating a 3d immersive animation that is visually exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment