Saturday 15 January 2011

Blog 3. Storyboard, final idea and narrative.

I wanted to create a meaningful narrative, something that i and others can relate to. So instead of trying to come up with an idea, i made my narrative about the theme of ideas themselves. So my animation would visually represent the thought process of an idea that a digital artist has. Going through the process of the idea being born, taking shape and finally being changed/ killed. I think this is an interesting narrative because we as digital artists are constantly thinking of new and creative ideas but yet have to change them or forget about them for various reasons. I want to capture that visually.





I have not had much experience with either Blender or After effects, but after struggling to get with blender even to do the basics I felt after effects would enable me to fully realise my idea.

So now I had my idea I had to gain a decent amount of knowledge on after effects in a small amount of time.
Ae tuts and video co pilot were a huge help in my quest to find help on After effects.

http://ae.tutsplus.com/

http://www.videocopilot.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment