Friday 20 November 2009

Under construction and friends.

So now came the tricky part, coding the dam thing. So with my PSD file all nicely prepared i was ready to start exporting it to the web. 

Stage 2: HTML and friends:

The onslaught of the coding has began, and my ideas and pouring out although executing them has proved harder than expected.
My CSS file was first needed to be edited in order to repeat the header slice, and footer slice along the x axis.
 #footer { 
   background: url(images/footer-slice_17.jpg) repeat-x;

I also needed to set it perfectly for all browsers in terms of fonts. So i set up a font family to enable 3 different selections in case the user is missing one. Whilst on the subject of CSS I found creating the styling relatively easy, even though some playing around with the padding was required to make things look the same in both Firefox and I.E it was simple to do. After the first bits of html and CSS things were starting to take shape....







As you can see its nowhere near as it should look, but i was certainly on my way. I used text filler that Chris provided in the practicals to see where my text would go and hwo it would eventually look, very useful.
All seemed to be going well, then JavaScript reared its ugly head....

No comments:

Post a Comment