Friday 20 November 2009

stepping into the realm of validation

SO my website was done, design coded and live, good. Now came the validation of the code,


First up my CSS file, was successful in being validated, no problems what so ever I even gained an icon in which I would proudly display on my website.






It was all going to well until...

Stage 4 Validation doesn't like me:

        Certain errors had been found in the html..



 This was a simple fix, and like many of the others on my pages. I managed to correct all that had not been validated, however this brought on a series of unfortunate events...

 


  I responded to these errors but no matter what i tired it still failed to validate, i searched the internet and came back with nothing. Errors such as these have resulted in my html failing to validate, which is very very annoying! I am not sure hot solve these problems and therefore cannot pass html validation. At first every page had a warning, due there being no charset, which was easily fixed by inserting

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />



  Into the header of each page, but this still did not fix those bloody errors.




No comments:

Post a Comment