Monday 12 April 2010

Spit and polish!


well its finally done!
www.busy-signal.co.uk

 As you can see the twitter API widget now works . Its frustrating that i spent a good 2 hours scouring my code as to why it wasn't working but all it needed was the crossdomain.xml file placing in the root directory and the html file in the same folder as the .swf and .php files.( Thanks to luke mears for this)

The final design changes have also taken place merely by cleaning up my code in all html files and changing the design slightly but its now at a state to which im completely satisfied!

thirdly  my contact form now launches a mail client that the user has installed using this bit of code " action="mailto:benquinney1@googlemail.com" . Ideally i want a CGI script so that it sends straight to my email from the form im still in the process of learning how to do this, but it should be up and running.

Lastly Jquery has proven a struggle so im teaching myself it so that i can make a nice slideshow for my portfolio. Until then im working on a simple css/html based scrollable slideshow which will be online very soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment