Monday 1 February 2010

The world of Flash!

Flash gaming has become a huge market for casual gamers. With sites dedicated for the use, development and enjoyment of flash based material. Sites such as www.newgrounds.com offer a huge range of user designed content.

So with that in mind our task was indeed to design some flash based media content in the form of a game.

I myself do play flash games, so i know what i like and what i don't. My favourite area is retro game conversions, such as asteroids, pong, frogger etc. So this would be the basis for my choice.
I decided to choose a space based genre (Asteroids).



So now with a choice firmly settled on i had to have a quick design brief.

  1.  Asteroid game in which the user controls a spaceship to a.) avoid the asteroids or b.) shoot them.

  2. Have a 2d top down view of the game.

  3. Create a scoring system or timer based on the users progress.
  4. Have an external influence of some sort.








No comments:

Post a Comment