Tuesday 8 December 2009

My hand tattoo submission.



In my hand tattoo I wanted to portray what was important in my life, so to do this I had the idea of using the ritual of palm reading. My life, heart and fate lines are represented by the three red lines on my hand.

The lowest line is my fate line, in which I have put what I believe my fate is. However they are in a white font as they are all uncertain, but still facts, as I still believe that they will happen.

Secondly is my life line, this contains basic facts about my life age name etc. They are in bold red font to make it look similar to an ID card. Lastly there is my heart line, this is where I have included my interests. Size of font plays a role here, the bigger the font the more love I have for that particular subject. The fonts and colours selected here connote the meaning of each word, for example internet is in a font in which you would expect to see on a LCD or HUD.

Lastly the reason for the entire image of the hand being in a pop art style is not only to show my love for art but also technology. I have made it look like my hand is being scanned my some sort of device that is reading my DNA through my hand and revealing my autobiographical facts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment